Thursday, July 1, 2010

[xwords]

They keep me sane.

I started working crosswords because I liked the puzzle, I like learning new words, I like feeling accomplished, and I liked the teamwork required for completion. Also, they're nerdy and for old people.

But for the last week+, they've been what keeps my mind focused on something outside of my mind. Which is helpful, because a lot of what's in there isn't helpful at the moment. They help me sink into every moment of my life in a different way.

So thanks, Will Shortz, the NYT, the Oregonian, and words. For existing. For having a meaning I can decipher and letters that always fit into the grid.

Because you know what? Not much else fits into a grid.

I blogged a lot through high school, some through college, and mostly none after. But it's time again for a little self indulgent mind spilling, with no expectations of myself other than being present.

Wherever I am, that's where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment